- A challenging position as a Director of Technical Operations or Senior Network / Systems
- Highly motivated IT team leader with strong problem solving and project management skills. Develop and implement plans to meet specific goals. Proven ability to develop and deliver optimal technical solutions in fast-paced corporate production, engineering and QA environments. Exhibits broad understanding of Windows, Linux and heterogeneous environments; TCP/IP networking, Internet services, Internet security and backup. Self-starter, able to work with little supervision, always assumes responsibility for the team and result. Able to handle multiple assignments, take the initiative and work under pressure. Possesses high customer service ethic, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Design and implementation of complex, cost efficient, heterogeneous engineering, QA and production environments for small software and hardware development companies.
- Broad knowledge and hands on experience with Windows and Linux platforms, TCP/IP networking and services, Internet security, backup systems, management applications, source control and bug tracking systems, office application and services, web hosting and development. Proficient with Photoshop CS.
- Strong scripting and programming skills with NT shell, Sax/Visual Basic, PHP, ASP, HTML, CSS, SQL, some C++.
- Hands on experience with wide variety of networking equipment and appliances, servers and workstations, blade server systems, phone and voice mail systems, office equipment.
- Utilization of third party services and external vendors to create more efficient, cost effective IT environment.
November 2005 - Present Senior Systems Administrator / Director of Technical Operations
Corrigo Inc., San Mateo, CA; HQ in Tualatin, OR
- Corrigo Inc. delivers service management solutions to owners, managers, occupants and services providers responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of stationary assets.
May 2002 - Aug 2005 Network Systems Engineer
Amphus Inc, San Jose, CA
- Amphus is a software company, delivering ManageSite™, an integrated, comprehensive solution for automation of IT management tasks.
- Redesigned and implemented the corporate network and Internet services to strengthen security and meet growing engineering demands without disrupting operations and engineering process.
- Designed and implemented a flexible and expandable QA environment with multiply routed networks. New network offered sufficient cross-network access, while protecting corporate network from disruptions caused by demanding tests.
- Implemented ‘Ghosting’ procedures for fast and seamless migration of the QA environments to daily product builds.
- Planned and managed IT operations for two company relocations reducing costs of internet and telephone services.
- Designed network aspect of ManageSite resulting in network-independent implementation.
- With team produced two releases of product documentation and release of the knowledge base.
- With QA team created test automation scripts and conducted white box testing of troublesome modules.
- Redesigned structure and appearance of the company web site and MySQL-driven ASP engine.
- Performed the ManageSite product support tasks and continued development of its web interface.
Jul 2000 - Jan 2002 Network Engineer
infolio, Inc., San Jose, CA
- Infolio was a software development startup, focused on mobile technologies that developed the Mobile Productivity Suite software.
- Managed IT operations of the company.
- Planned IT budget, maintained assets and licensing inventory, managed purchasing process. Created and implemented IT policies and procedures, conducted new hire orientation.
- With QA and development engineers established chain of development, testing, staging and production environments and created build promotion procedures.
- Managed company’s accounts and support contracts with external vendors. Supervised contractors within number of on-site projects. Provided phone and voice mail systems support.
- Established Internet services at collocation facility, with remote management from central office. Implemented redundant architecture with Cisco 7206 routers, NetScreen firewalls and F5 load balancers. Created procedures and maintained 24/7 operations.
- Designed and implemented VPN link to development office in Hong Kong, merged development and information environments.
- Maintained reliable operation of company LAN and WAN networks, administered Exchange, SQL, RAS, DNS, IIS, file, backup and print servers, firewall, PVCS Tracker and anti virus servers.
Aug 1998 - Jul 2000 Systems Administrator
Vadem, Ltd., San Jose, CA
- Vadem developed and manufactured computer chips and Windows CE-based HPC Pro Clio.
- Provided IT support to QA and engineering teams.
- Created and implemented IT policies, procedures and instructions.
- Installed wireless access points with appropriate security.
- Upgraded SQL server and then migrated PVCS Tracker and other databases to the new server.
- Designed and implemented DHCP services on routed network, led migration of NetWare servers to Windows and provided DNS, file sharing and print services for Solaris workstations.
- Provided ongoing administration of corporate firewall, Exchange, SQL, Backup and other servers.
- Designed and implemented secure RAS server with Axent Defender authentication server.
Nov 1990 - Aug 1998 Hardware Engineer / Helpdesk Engineer / Systems Administrator,
ParaGraph Intl, Inc., Moscow, Russia; Silicon Graphics, Inc., Mountain View, CA
- The Cosmo department of SGI focused on developing Cosmo Player VRML plug-in and Cosmo Worlds 3D authoring tool. Acquired in ’97, the ParaGraph product line included AlterEgo VRML engine and Calligrapher handwriting recognition software.
- Administered NT Domain, Exchange Server, user accounts and mailboxes, network switches; set up servers and workstations; diagnosed and solved clients’ hardware, software and network problems. Provided communication with corporate IT and facilities and maintained assets and licensing inventory.
- Maintained 24/7 operations of Internet and Frame Relay connections and equipment.
- Led project to convert company’s 150 nodes 10 BASE-2 network to 10/100 switched network.
- Designed and prototyped a computer peripheral device for voice and fax communications. Supervised pilot production and manufacturing of 4000+ units. Trained sales and support staff.
Mar 1989 - Nov 1990 Electronic Engineer
University of Aerospace Technology, Moscow, Russia
- Designed and prototyped computer peripheral devices and interface cards for ergonomic research.
1998 - 2005
Coursework and self-study relating to MCSE, CCNA and Check Point certifications.
1983 - 1989
MS in cybernetics and radio electronics (electronic engineering).
University of Aerospace Technology, Moscow, Russia
References are available upon request.